Timeline

Never standing still – In the forefront of progress

2017
2017

Groundbreaking ceremony for the new Steel Centre and extension to the company headquarters.

 

2014
2014

Site purchase adjoining the industrial area – Thanks to 22 local farmers, we can purchase a 15-hectare site to expand the company. This sets us on course for ensuring continuity and succession in the company – Friedrich Kicherer KG takes the form of a GmbH & Co. KG (private limited partnership) and Friederike Frick and Daniel Frick join as shareholders.

 

2012
2012

B2B warehouses are refurbished; additional warehouse space and car parking are built on the premises; retention basins and spacious green areas are constructed to the east of the headquarters.

The machinery in the Bending Centre is modernized and expanded, including a ring bender machine for reinforced steel up to 20 mm diameter.

 

2010
2010

New premises are constructed for reinforced steel mesh processing; an extension is added to the central block of the bending facility to house the newly expanded reinforced-steel bending operations.

 

2004
2004

Various industrial and brownfield sites are purchased in the industrial area along Röhlinger Strasse and Franz-Rueff-Strasse.

 

2002
2002

Construction phase 3 of the Steel Centre, halls 4 and 5. Current total area of the Steel Centre = approx. 20,000 sqm.

The Construction Products/Civil Engineering and Reinforcement Technology division is reorganized after relocating to the expanded company premises.

 

1999
1999

Reinforced steel bending operations are expanded in the area of reinforced mesh processing; additions to plant are made. Construction phase 2 of the Steel Centre, hall 3, with an area of 4,600 sqm. Section steel and wide-flange beams are relocated, freeing up warehouse space at the company headquarters which is occupied by B2B product groups.

 

1994
1994

Construction phase 1 of the Steel Centre, halls 1 and 2, at 2, Franz-Rueff-Strasse, with total storage space of approx. 9,000 sqm.

 

1991
1991

Expansion of reinforced steel operations; the administration building is constructed and the sales floor of the cash-and-carry market is redesigned. Gunter Frick joins the company.

Hans-Jörg Frick joins the company.

 

1987
1987

Construction of the reinforced steel bending facility (bending Centre), with around 7,000 sqm of production and warehouse space.

 

1980
1980

Construction of the new company headquarters with administration block, sales centre and B2B warehouse, steel warehouse and Bending Centre, total area approx. 4,500 sqm.

One of the first companies to establish premises in the industrial area of Ellwangen-Neunstadt, at 4, Ludwig-Lutz-Strasse.

 

1978
1978

Eberhard Frick joins his parents’ company

 

1967
1967

Ernst Frick and his wife, Gertrud Frick, acquire ironware company Friedrich Kicherer.

Ernst Frick develops Kicherer as a wholesale company while Gertrud Frick manages the retail outlet in the city centre. The company is later transferred to the couple’s sons, Eberhard, Gunter and Hans-Jörg Frick.

 

1964
1964

Wholesale operations are launched; Managing Director Ernst Frick builds the first wholesale warehouse.

Located at 60, Mühlgraben, this warehouse is sold in 1980 when the company relocates to Neunstadt industrial area.

 

1950
1950

Ernst Frick joins the ironmongery and household goods store in Ellwangen, supporting sisters Auguste and Maria Kicherer in the company management.

 

1884
1884

Acquired by Friedrich Kicherer, who founds the ironmongery store in Schmiedstrasse in Ellwangen.

His daughters later continue to manage the company as Kicherer Eisen & Hausrat.

 

1718
1718

Founded as a nailmaker’s business in the town of Ellwangen.

 

Kicherer News

On the road

Wir testen für zwei Wochen einen LKW mit LNG-Antrieb.

more